Tourism Insider Meeting - October
The Tourism Insider Meeting series provides opportunities for industry partners from across the state to gather, collaborate, share ideas and network. Pack your bags and take an educational trip to meet, learn from and engage with industry partners in new locations.
- No cost to attend.
- Lunch will be provided.
- Everyone is invited to each event, regardless of your location.
- Overnights encouraged.
Please complete the registration form below, and we look forward to seeing you in Mason City and Clear Lake on October 24-25!
Some details are still being confirmed and are subject to change
Tuesday, October 24 - Historic Park Inn
- 10:00 a.m. – Host community welcome, followed by introductions
- 10:15 a.m. – Iowa Tourism Office (ITO) update
- 11:00 a.m. – Offseason Tourism: Learn how Clear Lake and Mason City both address offseason visitation through events such as Clear Lake's Winter Dance Party and Color the Wind Kite Festival.
- 12:00 p.m. - Lunch (provided) by the Historic Park Inn.
- 12:30 p.m. - Tours of the Historic Park Inn and free time to explore downtown Mason City.
- 1:30 p.m. – Open Forum and Discussion.
- 2:30 p.m. – Localhood workshop - come prepared with videos/photos to create vertical stories to help promote your community and businesses.
- 3:30 p.m. – Group photos and meeting wrap-up.
- 4 p.m. – Meeting ends.
Optional afternoon activity:
Transportation is available
5 p.m. Cocktail at The Boulevard with owner Gent who will share info the Emerald Edge and Courtway Park commercial developments which includes his bar/grill!
6:00 p.m.: Optional evening activity/dinner:
Transportation is available
- Tour the Mason City Municipal Airport's new terminal project with manager David Sims and learn how funding partnerships were critical to the expansion project.
- Dinner at Avion Azul. Owner Catarino Martinez will share his journey to create a unique dining experience in North Iowa. (dinner at your expense)
A hotel block is available at the Holiday Inn Express (3041 4th Street SW, Mason City) for the night of Tuesday, October 24th. The rate is $132 + tax. Rooms must be reserved by calling the hotel directly at 641-424-1200. Block is under the name "Travel Iowa." Reservation deadline is October 16th.
Wednesday, October 25 - Mason City Arena
- 8 a.m. – Learn how the Mason City Arena project repurposed a former retail store and nurtured the growth of ice sports in North Iowa.
- 9 a.m. - Volunteer Opportunity in downtown Mason City. We will help set up Christmas trees in Music Man Square in preparation for holiday events. Bring an ornament representing your business/community to help decorate the Iowa Tourism tree!
- 10 a.m. - Meeting ends
Any questions please contact Stephanie Neppl at (515) 348-6257 | email@example.com
What your peers are saying:
"I thought the entire event was useful, informative, and relevant to what I do to market our destination. I felt it was just the right length too."
"I enjoyed getting to connect with some other professionals and learn about Iowa through many lenses...plus the location was awesome!"
"I loved the opportunity to connect with others from across the state".