Our mission is to elevate Iowa's unique visitor experiences and hidden gems to inspire travel and create lasting memories. We support local communities and destinations to strengthen the state's economy.
The Iowa Tourism Office is the official voice of the state's tourism industry. We work collaboratively with our local destinations and partners to lead and unify efforts to increase visitation, enhance economic impact, and promote Iowa to travelers through:
- Brand strategy, marketing programs, media outreach, and storytelling
- Thought leadership and industry research
- Resources in support of training and education, the development of tourism products, and investment in industry infrastructure
- Teamwork - We are committed to collaboration, strong partnerships, and building healthy relationships.
- Ingenuity - We are innovative and use our creativity to find both unexpected and practical solutions.
- Empathy - Before we act, we commit to understanding the experiences, perspectives, and feelings of stakeholders.
- Fun - We revel in our work and are committed to bringing joy and happiness to others through travel experiences.
- Purpose-Driven - We are here to serve and never lose sight of the fact that we are critical to creating lasting memories.
- Transparency - We are honest, candid, and forthright; willing to share information even when doing so may be uncomfortable.
New to the Tourism Industry?
Get started by learning how each of our team members can work with you.
Then, sign up for our industry e-newsletter list so you receive all of the updates from our office.